Seeking your clinical licensure can be an overwhelming experience. However, it does not have to be, let me walk beside you in this journey so you feel even more confident and competent in your clinical skills. Regardless of your current social work stage, I am here to support your goals!
Getting Started with LCSW Supervision
Key Points: Based on the requirements from the board
I meet with LMSW’s for 4 hours per month. I offer a two-hour group session twice a month and a one-hour individual session on a quarterly basis or by request.LMSW’s meet with their supervisor for 100 total hours in no less than 24 months and no longer than 48 months.LMSW’s need 3,000 total work hours when they submit their final paperwork to the board to be eligible to sit for the licensing exam.
Due to recent changes, the board has determined that supervisors will regulate if the LMSW’s current employment setting qualifies for “professional clinical experience.” Personally, I would request that your employment setting allows you to assesses, diagnose and treat mental health using the DSM-V criteria. If you meet this qualification then you are eligible to participate in LCSW supervision courses.
Group and Individual Supervision
- Read the DSM V and the Code of Ethics
- Study various therapeutic modalities and medications
- Review clinical inspired multiple-choice questions
- Present cases and ethical dilemmas to the group for feedback
- Make connections to other Social Workers in various settings
- Individual time with the LMSW and myself.
- Present cases and ethical dilemmas to me for feedback
I recommend the group setting for majority of your time in supervision. Individual supervision is expected to be utilized as an additional support to track your progress, review goals, look at specific modalities for your clients, and reaffirming your knowledge. It is expected that the LMSW will participate in individual sessions.
- Schedule an "Initial Consultation" via this link: https://klloydlcsw.clientsecure.me to request to schedule a Supervision Consultation. Services are provided by Kierra D. Lloyd, PLLC
- I confirm our consultation to meet and discuss supervision goals. You are also welcome to ask me questions. Based on this conversation, we will determine if we can meet each other’s needs before we begin our supervisory relationship.
- You will bring the semi-completed application forms when you attend your first session. I will sign the forms, and you will mail them to the Board upon completion of supervision. Forms & Publications– Participating in supervision with me is considered “outside supervision.” So, a letter from your employer, with my name listed on agency letterhead, is mandated.
- I will email you my supervision agreement and BHEC forms. Please bring printed documents.
- Group Rate: $75 for each 1-hour session. Monthly total $300
- Individual Rate: $120 for each 1-hour session.
- Supply List: DSM V, Social Work Code of Ethics, LCSW Binder (~5 in), LCSW Notebook, Pen/Highlighter
- I will keep several copies of the forms you send to the board. Please keep a copy for your records.
- When mailing your forms, I encourage you to mail your application certified with a return receipt. This means that you receive a tracking number, and someone from the board has to sign for your application when they receive it.
- Either way, use a delivery confirmation or a traceable method.
- Choose your supervision dates and times
Schedule Here to let me know you’re ready to get started.
Virtual only: Tuesdays 8-12p & Fridays 5-9p
Apprehensive about the price? https://tamarasuttle.com/clinical-supervision-and-money-gouging/